BoxCast customers on any paid plan may stream broadcasts to Twitter by using our integration which accesses the Twitter API or "Other RTMP" social streaming configuration as well. This is sometimes referred to as simulcasting - you'll be simultaneously broadcasting to both BoxCast and Twitter.
Note to accounts currently using the Periscope integration: Twitter officially sunset Periscope as of March 31, 2021 and is now removing Periscope entirely on September 17, 2021 .
What does this mean for broadcasters integrating with Periscope through BoxCast?
Accounts which currently have active and linked Periscope integrations will see several calls for action on the Settings > Integrations page, notifying users of the change and encouraging to add a Twitter integration. If an account doesn't have any active and linked Periscope accounts, no further action is required.
Configuring your Broadcasts for Twitter
1. Click on the Settings tab of the dashboard, followed by the Integrations tab.
2. Click the Add Integration button and then select Twitter.
3. Click the Authorize app button for allowing BoxCast access to the Twitter account.
4. If the Twitter username matches a prior Periscope integration, there is an option to automatically convert the linked Periscope account to the new Twitter account. Choosing to do so will result in all upcoming broadcasts which are scheduled for Periscope to be changed to simulcast on the newly linked Twitter account, as well as well as remove the previous Periscope integration.
Scheduling as a Destination
1. In the BoxCast Dashboard, click Schedule a Broadcast.
2. Click the dropdown for Destinations and select the Twitter integration
3. Once the Twitter destination is selected, ensure that Tweet? is checked for it to show up as a post.
Once the scheduled broadcast begins, the broadcast will simulcast to Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will existing Periscope simulcasts continue working? BoxCast will continue to attempt Periscope simulcasts until September 17, 2021. After that time, all linked Periscope accounts will be unlinked and no simulcasts will go to Periscope.
What will happen to old Periscope simulcasts? Nothing. BoxCast will not touch prior broadcasts on Periscope, and you will still be able to see (in the dashboard) that the broadcast was simulcast to Periscope.
What if the Twitter handle doesn't match the Periscope handle? How does the user migrate then? This may be a rare occurrence, as Periscope uses Twitter handles; so if the same user is linking their Twitter account, handles should match. However, if not matching, the user will just have to edit any and all upcoming broadcasts they want to simulcast to Twitter to add the Twitter simulcast, then un-link the Periscope integration.
Want to simulcast with the Broadcaster app? View this article. Please note, however, that the Twitter integration is not yet available for use when scheduling from Broadcaster.
For additional questions, please contact the BoxCast Technical Support team by way of firstname.lastname@example.org.