If a customer on any of our Public plans (fully free video to viewers) you may stream your broadcast to YouTube Live. This is often referred to as simulcasting –simultaneously broadcasting from both BoxCast and YouTube Live.
Learn more about simulcasting with the Broadcaster App, here.
Enable YouTube Account for Live Streaming
Youtube accounts must be activated for Live streaming in order to stream broadcasts to them. Enabling this can be done at www.youtube.com/features.
Once Enabled and saved, click the Go live button.
Click the START button for Right now.
Click the GO button for Streaming software.
Something went wrong will appear. Click the TRY AGAIN button.
The account is now enabled for live streaming. However, please be aware that YouTube takes 24 hours to activate the account for live streaming.
Link Your Youtube Account to BoxCast
Click Settings in the BoxCast Dashboard, followed by the Integrations tab.
Click the Add Integration button, and then select YouTube.
Follow Google's prompts in choosing your account, granting BoxCast permission to use the account.
An event may now be scheduled:
Click Schedule a Broadcast in the BoxCast Dashboard.
Click on Destinations and select YouTube:
Choose a destination YouTube account, and select the privacy settings. (For testing, "Unlisted" or "Private" is recommended)
Finish scheduling your event. Once the broadcast is live on BoxCast, it will appear on YouTube Live as well.
- If you are unable to post to YouTube you should first check that your YouTube account is enabled for Live Streaming and Embed Live Streaming. These options can be found on your account Features page.
- To diagnose issues, the first step is to find the associated video on YouTube. From the BoxCast Dashboard broadcast details, select the YouTube Live tab and then click "Visit the YouTube Live Control Room" to investigate further.
- Another troubleshooting option is to restart the entire YouTube Live broadcast. Open the BoxCast dashboard broadcast details, select "Edit Event", disable the YouTube Live integration, and click Save Changes. Then edit the event again and re-link it; within a few minutes, you should have a new event live on YouTube.
- If you get an error message (Unable to link the requested YouTube account) when linking your YouTube/Google account, it may be out of sync. Go to the Google permissions site and unlink the BoxCast application there. Then return to the BoxCast dashboard and re-link.
- If you need to dispute a Content ID claim, go to this link: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797454?hl=en